Friday, August 13, 2010

A hot mess

Alas, I haven't had time to post, but I will soon. This week went by so quickly. Today's the first day Anthropologie will be open. Honestly, I'm a little nervous, but I just need to relax. It's exciting, especially to see who comes in today and what they buy. I hope that I can shop on my lunch break, but we'll see. I'm not sure how much time I'll have, but I went ahead and scheduled a haircut at 6:15 (it's happened again. I'm tired of my straggly hair and its reaction to humidity) so I can't shop for an hour after I get off like I had hoped. Jesse will meet me around 6:45 to walk through the store. We really won't have time, but we can come back tomorrow :)

Lots on the plate still though. I'm going to finish the men's boutique pieces I've been working on. I submitted the women's yesterday, and Elsa seemed okay with them though I really pushed back the deadline and I feel regretful about it. With moving and working at Anthro, I was so tired and it took me a while to finish the transcriptions. Speaking of moving, lots of observations since we moved in, which should be discussed in a future entry.

I have some letter-writing to catch up on, too. But, Jesse's been setting up the place all by himself while I work on my articles so I need to help him first. He did most of the move himself because I worked all of Monday and two hours on Tuesday. I requested off but didn't get it. Plus, not that this is an excuse, but I really realized how lazy and adverse I am when it comes to physical labor. I did try, but my trying wasn't good enough. I need to change this!

Oh, and tonight we're having dinner at Lydia and John's house. Lydia has a lot of her "cenas pocas" (little dinners), which she and a friend cook (comida puertoriqueña deliciosa!), and they're always attended by fun and interesting friends. This'll be our first visit since they moved in together so that should be fun. I've missed Lydia because we haven't see each other in a couple of months except once when we ran into each other at Canal Place. She studied abroad earlier this summer so I didn't see her for so long.

Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments: