Below are affirmations I made on July 19, 2011, slightly over a year ago. These statements have not changed much, but circumstances have to the extreme. The third one should be my first priority, but because he is not here, there is only so much I can do. I guess in a lot of ways I've changed over the years, but I also retain the same desires and aspirations.
- I know I want to complete my MA in Romance Languages, even though it's not what I want my career to be in. If it takes me longer than to the summer of 2012, then that's okay. I'm not in a rush; I want to be sure and eventually feel secure in that decision.
- I know I want to move out of New Orleans at some point in the near future. Definitely not permanently, but I want a new perspective, I want some change that forms or informs me more for the better. Maybe NYC or Philly?
- I want to be with Jesse indefinitely. I love him more than I ever could have imagined, and I don't want this to change.
- I'm going to reapply to the New School and apply to a couple of other schools for either Anthropology or an MFA in Creative Writing.
- I will not settle for a job that I hate just to get benefits or be more financially secure. I'm happy in my job right now. I just have to juggle priorities and necessities with wants and desires.
- And, just to throw this in there last, but not any less importantly, I want to be there for my sister.
- Somehow, among these self preservations, I will make my parents proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment