Saturday, September 19, 2009

Word of the Day?

I'm sitting at Rue on Oak with Neill and Mia because I realized sometime this late afternoon that I needed to get out of the house to study. It just wasn't happening. So still, although all I finished here was the introductory chapters of the Barron's books I have (courtesy of Jess), I feel like I'm on my way to studying and subsequently taking the GRE. I am now working on a list of words from books that I've read and jotted down in a little notebook/diary that Mia gave me for Christmas. These are words that maybe I have encountered in my secondary and higher education, but for some reason or another, I cannot recall their denotations. I think that not only will studying them help me a little on the GRE Verbal section, but I will be a more articulate person from doing this. I have maybe a couple dozen pages full so that should keep me busy. But, I just wanted to note to myself [again], while I'm looking up all these words, what my goals are.

- finish looking up, copying and learning these words' definitions
- read more! I love to read, but I have not been motivated enough to make time to do so since I've returned from Guate, or really throughout college more-or-less. I've read one book since I returned from Guate. Kind of inexcusable considering I've been jobless for much of that time, but things always came up. And, I'm always getting recommendations! Julia Child's autobiography, two books of Junot Diaz's.

I hope that Jesse and I end up coming here tomorrow. There's also something going on at the Deutsche (sp) Haus, a music festival or something? So maybe we'll go there. Depends, I suppose, on what's going on with Mia since she's sick. She was at our apartment just about all day until Rue around 5:30 or 6. Oh, and I'm supposed to go to Marshall's with Lydia tomorrow afternoon. Yay good deals!

Well, back to my vocabulary lessons.

No comments: