I just got back from running, down the Carrollton tracks and around Audubon Park. Jes had a Skills class this morning so I rode with him to Loyola and then walked to the park. I'm not going to the Hollygrove Market today, partially because I'm broke until payday this week and also because I had no one to go with me. I usually don't mind, even like, going places by myself, but for some reason, I think it would more enjoyable to go with Jesse, Mia or a friend. So maybe I'll go with Mia or someone next weekend since Jes has another Skills class. Later this afternoon we're going to the Tulane homecoming game to see Neill perform. Though I don't care for football, he's excited about the half-time show, and he has a solo. And, I like marching band shows; I really like drum corps shows. Plus, of course, he got us free tickets. After, we're going to a play with Lydia (or we're supposed to--I haven't heard from her yet...). I thought that the "A Fresh Air Affair" concert in Palmer Park was yesterday, but I realized yesterday was the 9th, not the 10th, so I don't know if we'll have time to make the 5 o'clock performance. Yesterday I was off of work for the teacher's professional development day. Monday, McGehee also has fall break so I'll be off then; not sure what I'm doing yet. Jes has work so I may go to BR for the day. Mia was upset with me for not doing anything with her yesterday (I haven't really seen her for more than a few minutes since maybe Sunday?), but I've been keeping pretty busy with McGehee and teaching ESL that I haven't done much with Jes lately. My dad was also disappointed that I cancelled going to BR again since Mia could just bring Marisa's stuff (she has stuff at our house from when she lived their post-Katrina), but I would have only seen them for like 30 minutes anyway, and it's a waste of gas since Mia offered to bring the stuff anyway. I would have liked to spend time with them, but I want weekends, too. Anyhow, instead of going to BR, I hung out with Marisa, her boyfriend, and Neill. We went and saw Zombieland in theatres, which was stupid, but pretty funny in that horror-comedy and somewhat cheesey way. Jesse and I started watching Dexter again since the fourth season just began; we want to kind of refresh our minds on the plots so we did the first 2 episodes of season 1 last night. We also played Rock Band when he got home from work. Maybe not worth mentioning, but I've begun playing the "Hard" level on guitar. I suck, but I remember when I used to fail out of easy.
Hmm, so I still have some goals to finish. Hopefully, Monday I can finish writing my TFA letter of intent. I also want to start reading another book or resume studying for the GRE. Must decide which... My ESL class is going well. I think I'm actually starting to engage my students, and last week was better. But, on Thursday we had someone come in from United way to speak about H1N1 so I had about 30-40 minutes to teach my regularly 2-hour class; now, I feel I need to catch up. Writing lesson plans Monday, too!
The other day I was walking to Robert's Market. I was doing it so I could stretch my gas since I'm trying to save money. It was nearing dusk, barely raining, and the sky was beautiful. I wore my rainboots and had Jesse's big, black Forman Perry umbrella. I was reminded of Guatemala because it rained there 3-5 times a week or more, in the afternoon, and I walked most places. Luckily here, I have my rainboots because the water came halfway up a lot of the time. But, it was nice to notice each channel of water on its way to the street and the differences in land height from sidewalk to sidewalk and house frontyard to the next.
So I like walking in the rain. That was the point of the last paragraph. I also like laying in my room when it's raining. I like listening to it, but the new Muse album, The Resistance goes along pretty well, too.
1 comment:
Hey! I left you a blog award on my blog!
Post a Comment