Well, the last few days have been busy, pleasantly so though. Friday, after I got off of work, I headed to my apartment where Jesse was waiting. He stayed home since we both woke up late. He had a sore throat. *cough cough* Pun intended. I was originally planning on going straight to BR, but lucky me, my aunt flo decided to visit so I had to lay down off and on for probably an hour. Once I took a shower and headed out (leaving Jesse to bachelorhood that evening), it took me a while to get around the city (really just Uptown in general). I needed to stop by the bank, fill up the gas tank, and bring Mia her pillow for her bus ride to Florida, where she would have a meet on Saturday. Amidst doing those errands, I decided I'd stop at Praline's by Jean to get Mia a couple of good luck cupcakes. I ended up getting my parents a couple of pralines (though proundly without the $3+ cardstock box with fleur-de-lis ribbon). I got Mia coconut cream and red velvet, but my stomach was still bothering me so I didn't get any for myself. The jolly lady at the counter wrapped the brown box with a pretty ribbon and placed it in a translucent polka-dot bag. I rushed to see Mia after getting 2.15/gallon gas on Louisiana. But, more than usual, Xavier's on-campus traffic was a nightmare so I ended up getting to the charter bus in front of the gym with less than 30 seconds to spare. She was happy though to get her pillow and the surprise cupcakes. So then I drove to BR. It was great to see my dad, and he was obviously happy to see me, but my mom had gone to work, to return around midnight. My dad had a neighbor over fixing a part of the dining room wall (which needed to be fixed because of my dad's poor construction sense and the poor work of his previously hired contractors). I am now automatically unable to give anyone my dad brings home the benefit of the doubt because he seems to attract so many creepers. But, when I found out that this guy was a neighbor, I was a little relieved. He seemed nice and friendly enough, but I still have to wonder, why's he hanging out with my dad? My wierd father. But, I was happy to see my dad too. I ended up going to the grocery store to get the ingredients my parents didn't already have. I went to A-Z International as well for some mango juice, mango pulp, lychee juice and I decided to buy some natural soaps for Christina for a her birthday. By the time I was done making the coconut, red-curry soup (the same one Drew and I made) for my dad and my mom, Neill picked me up and we headed to Kona Grill for Christina's surprise party. Of course, were were an hour late since he had to come from NOLA so we missed the surprise part. It was fun though; I haven't spent so much time with Neill's family in a long time so it was nice to catch up and reminisce. After the party, Neill took me to my parents' and he headed back to NOLA. I chatted with my dad and waited for my mom to come home from work. When she got home, she had some of my soup and she said it reminded her of a soup they ate in the Philippines. I was happy to hear that, and though I didn't use fresh basil (used dried) and I used regular salt (over kosher or sea since I couldn't find any at their house), I think my one taste was pretty good. I wish I had the stomach to eat more. I didn't eat very much while I was at home, but now, laying in bed, that soup sounds really good. So the next morning, I didnt not cook because I work up at a whopping 11! I never sleep in that late, but it was nice. I did feel like I had wasted half my dad, but I can't complain. Next time, I'll have to be better about waking up at a decent hour becasue my time with my parents was cut short as a result. I even left almost 3 hours later than I had anticipated, which cut time with Jesse. I was supposed to be home before so we could head to Lydia's around then, but I got back at 4. We still had to prepare a ocuple of things for the party. Mango lassi and hummus was what we ended up doing. I'm so tired so, well, I will update more later. This may seem boring, but I enjoy writing about my days like play-by-plays. I feel funny doing it, but I like to recount them. I did a lot more this weekend, but I'm getting tired and I have to be at work at 7:30.
next update
- Saturday and Lydia's 25th
- babysitting, $45 for watching tv
- photography
- no work today (or next monday)
- esl class coming together
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Your blog is awesome! It just takes time to get into the swing of things. It's like anything new... Once you do it for awhile it becomes second nature.
Post a Comment