Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oh bread!

I made this bread and it came out pretty good...It's realy good with pesto. Neill's roommate made it last week or the week before and after she took it out, Neill and I tasted it. Last night, Jes and I had slices from the loaf (or broken slices as it's a dense, thinner loaf with a funny shape) with avocado, alfalfa sprouts and scrambled egg the first time (he added pesto, too). And, today for lunch, I spread some pesto on a couple of slices and finished each with a piece of mozzarella and a slice of tomato. Drew, I still want your challah recipe :)

I enjoy baking bread sometimes by hand much more than I do with the breadmaker. The breadmaker is really nice and convenient, definitely working more for uniformity-sake. But, there's something quite organic about the process of kneading and rolling, etc.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Italian-Herb-Bread-I/Detail.aspx

In other news, I'm finishing up my Teach for America application. So I'm in the process of writing my letter of intent. As for ESL, I was very prepared for my Monday class (and it only took me a couple of hours that afternoon since I was off from Little Gate). Consequently, the class went very well. I'm sure some of my students probably have reservations about me and don't take me seriously, but I hope this subsides during the semester as I acquire more and more experince. It's interesting working with infants and three-year-olds during the day and then going to adult learners twice a week in the evening. This weekend, Mia wants to go to Republic because she's never been so I'll have to talk to Jesse, Neill, and Lydia about that. I think Mia's going to BR Saturday morning, and Jesse has a skills class, too. Since we're postponing doing Habitat, I can either go to the Hollygrove Market ($25) for an entire bag of fruits nad vegetables. Or, I can volunteer with a group from Loyola going to Broadmoor to restore/rebuild houses with Annunciation Mission. I haven't decided yet. Jes and I are going to BR the following weekend to see my family and the newest edition to the Perret family (Jesse's bestfirend and his wife), Cadence Rose.

My friend Drew is offically starting up her family photography business. If you're reading this and have a child, I'd highly recommend giving Drew's page a looksee and calling her if you like what's there. I'm really happy for her, and if I had a child (which I'm thankful right now that I don't), I'd get her to do some for me. I'd link her page, but I don't know how to use blogger quite that well yet. But, just go to http://dumainephotography.blogger.com/

1 comment:

Drew said...

Thanks for the shout out and I'll get the Challah recipe to you!