I'm laying in bed because about 5 minutes ago I went outside to run, but was intimidated by the cold front that arrived sometime last night. I may muster up enough courage to go back out there in a few minutes, but for now, I'm content to lay in bed. Whilst doing so, I am realizing just how beautiful this room is. It's the Oak tree outside and how it allows most of the sun's light in, washing into the two walls of windows and onto my bed. I remember the first time Jesse and I were looking at this place, and we walked into the empty room in awe. I don't get to take time to roll in the warmth of my bed and the sun much anymore since I've been participating in the almost humdrum of employment, albeit part-time. (Sadie's sick so I have this morning off). Fortunately, though, I won't be missing the money I would have made because a friend asked me to babysit her daughter since today because she has to sub. So, that'll work out well for my finances, plus I actually really enjoy babysitting this one!
I still have some cooking to do this evening. I accidently had lunch with Ms. Mary and Rita yesterday at Little Gate so I suggested we do it again, and seeing as Ms. Mary loves curry (she's from England), I plan on bringing some shrimp curry. I'm also going to bake some cookies for my ESL students, coworkers, and Mia and Neill. Neill and I are supposed to hang out today, but with my babysitting plans (I was called this morning), I don't know what time we'll be able to. In the plans are Mamma Mia, baking, and I'd like to get some grocery shopping in, but I don't know how.
Jesse's car is out of commission indefinitely. We were coming home through 5-10 inches of rain on Saturday and now his clutch is not shifting into the different gears. It's been a little stressful because he has two exams this week. Luckily, Lydia took him on Monday because they had the same exam. Otherwise, we've been patrons of the streetcar--even riding to work together yesterday. It's nice to do that, and a little nostalgic (though the first time that we've done it together), but it was raining heavily yesterday when we left so it wasn't the picturesque journey one might imagine. After his exam on Saturday, we'll see what will happen with his car.
So I need to cook, do some cleaning, make it outside to run (it is a beautiful day nevertheless), and write Christmas cards. This weekend/early next week, Christmas shopping and then visiting my family! Jesse's parents are coming in Sunday so we may go to Celebration in the Oaks or Miracle on Fulton Street. Michael and Hillary may come too. Mia, possibly, but doubtful...her car is in the shop from that accident in front of Whole Foods. :o
Also, I'll be beginning on my GRE prep again--for February. I had a dream last night that I didn't/wouldn't do so well. I hope that's just anxiety. Speaking of which, I'm ready to get my analytical writing results!
No comments:
Post a Comment