Written hours ago on a legal pad
So I'm sitting at Jesse's desk at his office because for the second time in the last week, I've exhibited brilliance--I locked myself out of the house.
This time I was going to take a quick trip--a walk to the post office for some last minute card-sending. But, alas, less than five seconds after locking the bottom, I realized I should check my purse and lo and behold, they weren't in there. Well, Mia isn't in town so I couldn't call her to ask her for her spares. And, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal since Jesse's at work. But, between not having any cash on me and the other lockout incident, of both, I will update about later, it's not my week! Plus, Saki has a "friend" (read, to Saki, a bitch who she'll have to compete with) over, Coco [after the Chanel], because our neighbor is out of town. But, I had to scavenge to find enough change for the streetcar. I thought I didn't have enough, but fortunately, the streetcars take pennies (didn't know, but that works).
I enjoyed the ride downtown with my box of red and white envelopes awaiting the final stamps of approval. I hadn't brought anything to read, thinking it would be straight to my destination and back--no time for recreation--but the lack of diversion gave me the pleasurable opportunity to observe the bustling holiday-anticipating riders, both families with children recently out of school and individuals.
So showing up to Jesse's office on Poydras, I was waiting, standing inside his doorway when he returned from the bathroom. I was much more excited to see him than I expected and he didn't seem to mind the interruption, either. Well, I left to walk to Loyola Avenue and mail some of my posts (I still have a few more) and then, returned to his office.
We have some some shopping to do after he gets off so I'll just stay here until 4:30, from whence we'll go to the Christmas shop (in the Quarter) to get our ornament this year (and lemme tell you, it's beautiful! I can tell you since I'm typing this later; it's a lovely, shiny, red bird, maybe cardinal, on a twig). We're hoping that this becomes our annual tradition. Then, to Borders, to the house of McGehees' office manager to pick up my reissued check, home (to walk the dogs). And, then back out to Best Buy and elsewhere.
Tomorrow, I have some last minute shopping to do. I'll go with Neill because there are a few things I'd like to get for Jesse.
Tonight, I'm attempting the sweet potatoes Jesse so loved at Copelands a month or so ago. They were amaretto pecan cream mashed sweet potatoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment