Holli surprised me this morning with a call. I thought she'd be calling to ask me to babysit sometime (possibly for the day), which I would have happily done. But upon listening to her voicemail, I learned that she wanted to give her extra Jazz Fest tickets to me. Her husband works for Shell (which sponsors Jazz Fest). I immediately thought of Jesse, but, of course, he had to study all day for a final he has tomorrow. Then, I wondered if Mia could spare the day even though she has a calculus final tomorrow. Nope, she was unable to come. So then I asked Neill. Though he wasn't in the most awake and spritely spirit, he was excited to come with me. So after making our way to Holli's to pick up the tickets and having a Pinkberry snack, we made our way to City Park. It rained intermittently throughout the day, but overall, it was a nice experience. We listened to Trombone Shorty, Juvenile The Neville Brothers and Van Morrison, I believe. We did not get a chance to see B.B. King, however, because of how full the Blues tent was. We couldn't even hear him outside of the tent because of the crowd. The food was delicious; we ended up spending a good bit of time with Neill's friend who was working there as well as meeting up with Holli, Kevin and Adele. I also found what I want to get Dr. Garza for her wedding, but I wasn't able to buy it there because I didn't have enough cash. I'll visit a bookstore sometime this week and perhaps bring it to Scriptura for wrapping. But, probably not...I need to save money!

This week is going to be superbusy for me. I'm subbing MWF for Lindsey in the baby/toddler room (where I usually am Tuesday and Thursdays). I'll definitely have to mentally prepare myself for this stint. Additionally, Dr. Garza's wedding is this Saturday so I'll most-likely be babysitting from Thursday through Saturday. With Mia going back and forth from Baton Rouge (her semester ends tomorrow) and Jesse taking finals, my transportation issues will be interesting and difficult to negotiate. But, after the week's over, it'll be much more relaxed.
I emailed UNO this evening about their Spanish grad program so we'll see if the coordinator's response is more fruitful than Tulane's. If only I can still get a fellowship and teach while going to school. I met someone today at Jazz Fest who went to UNO for her undergrad in language instruction and then a M.A. in Arts Administration. She now works at NOMA, and listening to her talk about how much she enjoys her job just made me think hopefully, longingly a little more.
Well, I was exhausted when I got home this evening and I fell asleep soon thereafter. I woke up, but I think I should get to bed again. Til next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment