Monday, October 25, 2010

Long Hair on Middle-Aged Women


http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/24/fashion/24Mirror.html?_r=1&ref=fashion

I must say this is something I'm not looking forward to. I love short hair so much on me right now that I think eventually, I'll want to have the luscious long locks spoke of in this article (I won't even think about greys yet though!). Will it be too late by then? Or, will I defy American conformity regarding long hair for the middle-aged? How does this apply to men, too? And, will hair style change in the next 25-35 years? I remember my mom having very long hair when I was a very young child, but then sometime after my sister was born, she cut it. Oh, what beautiful black hair she had though! Now, she's worn it less than shoulder length for probably a decade. Hmm, hair really is a way to express yourself. I do it, minus the coloring. I don't go for too edgy or trendy though I admire those who are gutsy or fashion forward enough to do so. Sometimes, I put very little effort (time and money...), but this is to my dismay in retrospect. So what does your hair say about you?

New post to come.

No comments: