Update on life ongoings. Because I'm rarely scheduled at Anthro, I've decided to take a part-time nannying position for Jes' boss. 2 kids, one of which I've babysat before. I will pick them up from school, so I'll be using Mia's car and spending a few hours with them during the week until their parents get home. I'm looking forward to this. It'll be kind of a change for me though because I haven't picked anyone up from school since Mia was in middle school. Yay trips to St. Louis King of France with Neill and Kayla (and sometimes Yuka?). Stops at the fried chicken place across the street from her school where creepy Vietnamese guys hit on us. Stops at the bubble tea cafe. And, Fashion India for samosas and mango, lychee and guava juice!
I am going to keep on the schedule at Anthro since it doesn't interfere with my other life. However, I will continue to babysit as much as I can, and I'm hoping to schedule 3 classes next semester at UNO. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I want to write a thesis for my Master's. Besides looking good and bringing my overall grad school course load to 30 hours (instead of 33), it'll give me an excuse to research something and challenge my writing ability. Ah, academia!
Hmm, Jes and I have been living the good life, or our version of it. We've been enjoying the CBD and impromptu walks through the quarter to satiate our appetites. We discovered a few new places recently, and when Drew and Jeff come at the end of the month, we're gonna have to share at least one of them. I've found my "go-to" place for when I'm hungry and not sure what I want. It's an Argentine place in the building next door, outside of the food court area, but still a space in that general vicinity. Monday, Jes stayed home with me because I wasn't feeling well. I walked next door to grab lunch: a fruits de mer crepe for him and tomato basil gnocci for me! Yesterday, I went back for more gnocci. And, today, disappointed that my macbook pro (but not as disappointed when Apple credited my account $99 to our account) was lost at the hands of UPS, I treated myself to lunch at Tango, ordering the baked tilapia, a side salad, and a side of gnocci! Yum :)
What else? I took the Foreign Service Office Test on Friday just to see how I'd do and if I might be government material. We'll see. The test was eclectic, as Jes said it would be. And, though I don't know how I did on a couple of parts (leaning to not as well as I would have liked), I am pretty sure I was 100% accurate in the English section. I didn't finish the essay part, either. Amelie G is going well, and I have quite a few articles in the works. I'm going to a photo shoot with Trixie Minx because I'm going to write a short feature on her. I have another development, job-wise, in the works, but I don't want to say anything until I know for sure.
Well, I'll leave it at that right now because Jes and I are going to try to exercise for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment