Sunday, August 23, 2009

before I go to bed...

I'm about to go to bed, but I want to clip this recipe here before I do.

Tomorrow is both Jesse's and Mia's first day back at school. So I'll be cooking them two of their favor dishes.

Jesse's I won't write in case he reads this before he gets home and knows. (I'm hoping he doesn't go online to see this because he knows I'm blogging for the second time today).

Mia's will be brisket a la Paula Dean. Usually, her accent bothers me, but I imagine reading her recipe won't and she probably know how to make http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/texas-brisket-recipe/index.html. I'm going to use a crock pot though.

I will be studying for the GRE tomorrow, grocery shopping and preparing for Tuesday (LSU training and SLICE interview).

2 comments:

Drew said...

Man, Paula Dean and I are not friends. Her voice just drives me nuts. Also, her food has way too much butter and not in a Julia Child good way.

Good luck with studying (I may be joining you soon). I'm looking into more job options and trying to get my ass down there.

When do you want to do Habitat again?

See you soon!

Estranged Jazz said...

Haha, i just got/saw this message. Usually, I hate Paula Dean's voice, too. But, I thought I'd try to recipe out...until I realized that a strip of brisket is about $35. So I ended up making filet mignon...it was fun and turned out okay. Hmm, well, I hope we can take the GRE soon. As far as getting down here, I will continue to keep my eye out and ears cocked. One day, we'll both have jobs that we enjoy :)