Saturday, August 15, 2009

resolution

So I'm taking an online tutorial right now for a temporary part-time job I'll be taking with LSU. It's a Recovery Programs that deals with reading in NOLA preschools. Anyway, I was listening to Jesse's classical playlist on iTunes, and I resolve now to learn the third movement of Moonlight Sonata by this Christmas.

Jes was asking me the other day what I consider to be my hobbies and why I don't play the piano or violin on a regular basis. I mean, I've been relatively unoccupied, though I could be doing more reading or preparing for the GRE. I've been spending time with my friends, Mia and my family when I went to MO. But, aside from my relatively recent desire to cook, I should be playing more. And, when I hear beautiful piano pieces, I want to play more.

Anyway, I wonder when Jesse Maxwell's and my cooking club will resume, as well as our book-reading club. I have both our copies of One Hundred Years of Solitude. Cien Años de Solidad. And, I just got a new Real Academia de España Spanish dictionary from Borders, since I left my Larousse one in Guatemala. Well, I'll write more later. Must get back to that tutorial!

1 comment:

Drew said...

Good luck with everything! You'll slowly pick your hobbies back up again. It takes time.