I just finished FAFSA! Kind of sad that I'm so excited about that. I'm really embracing this adult thing. Well, it took a lot less time than I remember doing since I'm no longer a dependent of my parents. And, I can't wait to hear back to see if it's possible for me to get a grant to attend UNO. I received an email today telling me that the Graduate Assistantships (3 in Spanish) are filled at this time, but it encouraged me to apply anyway. I don't understand how I can though when the application requires one UNO professor's recommendation. I guess I may wait until after my first semester if I can do that. So if I don't get some FAFSA money, I'll have to pay my tuition myself because I refuse to take out more loans, and my mom paid a lot for the 4.5/5 years I was at Loyola. It's not so bad though; it's about $2000 a semester with a full load, if I'm not mistaken. I do hope I can work at Anthropologie.
Jesse and I decided take an apartment that opens on August 22. It's a while a way, but it is going to end up being much more feasible and financially beneficial for us. It's on the 18th floor of the Carondelet highrise we've been looking at the last week. I'll go in Monday to drop off the necessary documents, but I will write more about that later.
My mom, Mia, Jesse, and I are going to Biloxi tomorrow until Sunday. A short, albeit anticipated weekend trip. I do have to do some research for the articles I'm writing, but other than that, it'll be relaxing and fun-filled...unless BP has anything to do with it! Maybe I'll get an update here or two in. I also need to do some letter-writing soon. I've been babysitting so much, which is great for my income, but I haven't got to write thank yous and update letters to my friends, especially after reading books that I've been wanting to/got for my birthday. This upcoming week my schedule's more open though; only two days of babysitting and lunch with one or two people.
Okay, good night for real.
No comments:
Post a Comment