Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jobs, jobs, jobs...nothing

I cannot believe the predicament I am currently in. Every time I find a new job, I think, hey, no more craigslist browsing. Sayonara, webpage visits! And, then, two to four weeks after the job has begun, I find myself in need of more income due to disappointing wages or lacking hours. This is still the case with Anthro. The more money we make, the more payroll we get to divide hours among our staff. Consequently, the opposite it true as well. Get it?

Ahh, so I'm looking for yet another part-time job, even though I have two classes, work at Anthro and write as needed. My alternatives start with more babysitting gigs (though I recently referred a lot of the people asking me to other friends of mine since I had been working so much at Anthro the first 4-5 weeks). I could also put my name on McGehee's substitute list. I think I'd stick to lower/middle/upper schools over LG though. What else? I have been to craigslist and the pickings are slim. Because I'm scheduled 4.5 hours on call! this week, and only 4.5 hours next week as well, my next pay check is going to barely cover rent (because last week I worked a considerable amount of hours, and last week's will be on this next check, I think). That's another thing. Payroll and the pay period are confusing and it's all paperless. But, for some reason I cannot access my paystubs on the company website so I cannot even check if I'm being paid accurately. Why does this always happen to me? Why didn't they tell us this was the job climate when we signed on for tens of thousands of tuition debt?

Well, I'm off to The Orange Couch to do some homework. That'll distract me from real life :) If I don't get a babysitting job towards the end of the week, I'll go visit my mom in BR. She came in yesterday and Mia, Jesse, Eric (my cousin), Neill, and I had lunch with her at Suhko Thai on Magazine (yum!), and boy do I have leftovers. I got vegetarian pad thai and my mom gave me her Thai iced tea because she didn't like it. Enough procrastination. Shower than walk to The Orange Couch!

No comments: