Looking into the window and trying to see if what I perceive is really there . . .
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Work and play = study
I thoroughly enjoy being back in school even if I find myself in a classroom full of bi-/multi-lingual students who seem to understand the professor far better than I do. Even if I struggle in readings. The idea that I've returned to being intellectually stimulated and that I'm not mentally stagnant--or worst, degenerative, is actually beginning to motivate me! I was worried at first because in the beginning, I'd find myself nearly falling asleep during my reading assignments, but I want to chalk that up to being tired now. I had previously been working 40ish hours a week at Anthropologie, and now with only 6 for this week, I'm taking advantage and making my schedule work for me. Taking my time with the readings, but also making them a priority. I'm enjoying them (especially the efferent and aesthetic pieces I've had the pleasure to read in my Research Romance Languages [think literary theory and criticism ] class), and I am sort of on a roll. On the other hand, I am having delusions of grandeur where Jes gets an international attorney job in Spain or France and I transfer to the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid or Le Sorbonne. A girl can dream, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dream away! :-)
Post a Comment