Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bonjour!

Drew is absolutely right. It's been far too long since my last update. I guess I have a few good excuses, namely that I had finals and all the holidays kind of spun by. But, there were times in between plans, obligations, fun and laziness that I could have opened my computer, navigated to this page and updated my blog. I just kept on putting it off because I knew I'd have so much to say. That's what always happens for me. A worn out excuse nevertheless.

Well, I won't say too much tonight because I need to go to bed. I have to be at McGehee for 7:45 as I am substituting third grade math. I get to teach decimals tomorrow, how lucky! I actually subbed for two fourth grade math classes and a third grade language class last week. I am also still working at Scriptura, which if I haven't managed to share since I got the job, generally, I love it!

The last few weeks have been busy, but relaxing as well. No nannying for two weeks while the kids were out of school. I, myself, am still in my near month and a half of winter break before beginning the spring semester next Tuesday. I've decided to take four classes this semester, and while anxious and a little self-doubting, I am excited and hopeful. I've gotten to go back to BR a few times to see my parents and Mia, though she's back in NOLA now. And, Drew came in on Friday, and while not long enough, we had a lovely afternoon eating and talking. Il Posto, Magazine shopping, and concluding with gelato at Sucre! Who could ask for a better afternoon :)

I will expand tomorrow or Tuesday on some of the things I've mentioned above. For now, I need to rest and remind myself of the tasks that I should prioritize.

- make/send Daddy's birthday card tomorrow
- call insurance company to make sure I don't double pay on dr's bill
- write thank you notes for Christmas presents
- go to Walgreens to return watch

Adieu, I can't wait to dive deeper into what's been going on in my life. After all, much of it is happening to fast, I haven't had time to reflect.

No comments: