This weekend was WONDERFUL. On Saturday Jes and I went to Bayou Gauche for Cody's pre-birthday party. Jamie and Stuart were there so Stuart's mom wanted to have a party here for the people who wouldn't be able to make it up to Arkansas for Cody's first birthday [party] this August 1. (Jes and I will be going to that one too). Well, the party was nice and Cody's so much bigger and cuter than in his younger days. His hair is also this brilliant golden brown. After, Jes brought me to the Bayou and it was so beautiful. I enjoyed seeing a part of his childhood even if he didn't grow up on it like his dad. Sunday, we were just kind of lounging around the house, doing housework here and there and playing a video game or two, when we finally decided that we wanted to do something so Jes started driving and he ended up bringing me to the Lakefront at UNO (which to my family's and his surprise, I have never been). We drove around and then walked from where we parked to Landry's, a seafood restaurant on the lake. It was nice, but the view really did it. We had fresh tilapia and their fried green tomato (which was good, but didn't hold a candle to Dave's ha). After, we walked back drove around somemore and went to a CC's in Midcity that neither of us had ever actually been, too. The afternoon was perfect. We probably played video games that night. I love being with Jes.
Yesterday, I went to Loyola and ran a lot of errands. I visited the CIE, but Ms. Debbie wasn't there so I left my diplomas with Suzannah. She was going to meet James for lunch so I ended up saying hi to him too. Missed Tori and Veronica, but obviously, we all met up today. I visited Dr. Zucker (my advisor, or former advisor/professor) and looked for Dr. White, but he wasn't in his office. I had gone by it last week too when I visited Dr. Hunt. But, I'll try tomorrow when I visit campus to see Veronica, Ms. Debbie and to mail a couple of things.
Phew. I want to write about going to BR and Jes' birthday. I'll have to do that later. And conclude the rest of my trip. I always want to write more, but I either get lazy or write too much for the time being.
No comments:
Post a Comment