Oh, and Andrew and Hussain called me the last two days. I'll have to get together with them soon.
Looking into the window and trying to see if what I perceive is really there . . .
Thursday, July 30, 2009
In the middle of summer
I'm going to Veronica's today to help her pack. And, work on getting her bookshelf to our apartment; she's giving it to us since she's moving. She's going to make French toast and we'll probably borrow a classic movie from Loyola's library or stream one on Netflix. As annoyed and sad I am about not having a job, my days are pretty laxed and fun. I get to hang out with my friends during the week and I have amazingly wonderful weekends with Jesse (and weekdays when he spontaneously decides to take off of work). But, I feel there is only so long that we can do that without me having a job too (for money's sake). Plus, eventually, i'll really long for some meaning. The other day I met with Dr. Henne (but now I'm thinking I wrote about that before). Yesterday, I cleaned the house and read some (but didn't do Wii Active so I'll do that today). It was mainly in anticipation for our fondue potluck. But, around 1:30, Neill and I went to see Orphan which was surprisingly good for a horror movie (though I haven't seen one in forever). There was a story line and a good twist. Hmm, so Jes and I had our fondue potluck; it was adorable and turned out to just be Jes, me, Veronica and Andrew (because Tori wasn't feeling well still so she and Jake didn't make it). Maybe it was better that way; there was a recent drama development so I think it worked out for the best. We watched The Seven Year Itch one of Jes' favorite movies, but Veronica and Andrew hadn't seen it so that was nice. The cheese and chocolate turned out pretty good, but it was hard to have a good consistency for the cheese between the wine, cheese (we used Gruyere and Emmental) and the oil we ended up adding. We have other recipes, including a curry one so we'll have to practice and do it more, and have more people over (Neill, Mia, maybe Jesse Maxwell and her boyfriend and Billy one day). We bought scallops yesterday; we went to Whole Foods and that place always makes me happy, but it was pretty expensive. We'll probably be making that today. We bought three bottles of wine (one of them a white Rioja and another highly-recommended red, a Saumur from France)--went through about two, and another half for the cheese fondue. The cheese counter girl was so helpful and gave us her preference for fondue cheeses and wine; her dedication and genuine helpfulness made me want to apply at Whole Foods. I may do it again, but their application takes about 30-45 minutes to complete, and a credit check is involved. Anyhow, it was a lovely evening. It reminded me of the time that Veronica and Andrew came over for paella (and the mistake flan) when Jes and I just moved in. I'm going to miss her and double-dating with them. Ahh, summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment