Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm so tired, and a little sick still. I was talking to Jes about an hour ago (on skype), but the internet randomly cut out again so when I got back on, I think he had fallen asleep. I'm about to go to sleep myself. Just wanted to write a little bit. Today was good, though rainy and I somehow lost (perhaps dropped) 50Q (which Charles gave me to help pay for ingredients), I believe, in the street. Boo...but there's nothing I can do now. I was upset, and it's only about 6.25USD, but it's just that I don't know how I lost it. I tried to retrace my steps to the store I bought something about, but it was long gone or never there. I also realized this weekend that I was missing 10USD, and at about week 2, I could have sworn that I lost a 10Q bill. I'm just confused as to how...I don't know. In any case, I cooked for my family here today. I was going to cook shrimp curry because Jes suggested it and I'm kind of a seasoned shrimp curry cooker (no pun intended hehe and trying saying that five times fast). But, shrimp at the grocery I went to were 130Q! A pound! Apparently, in the street, they're cheaper, but I was told to go to this place, and I was unsure about the street. Next time, I'll do a bit of searching in the street (whenever next time is) because on my way back, we pasted a mercado (market) and it just looked better than Hiper Paiz (where the grocery store is). So I think the family liked it. Holt did. Dunno about Charles. So it was fun to cook, and it was kind of a parting gift from Holt, Charles and me. I think I felt more like a part of the family today than I ever have. I guess I'm going to be sad to miss them, but I'm really excited about coming home. Tomorrow I go to lunch with Astrid, Flor, Milvia (maestras de las escuela), Ruth (la directora), Dr. Lima (mi ex-profesor de la U-San Carlos), Yessy y Rocio (chicas de la U-San Carlos), Holt, and maybe Charles, Nohemy y Carlito. I also want to buy Carlito drumsticks because his birthday is Monday. That'll be the last thing I buy for him. Also, I need to buy a few more gifts and pack. Hopefully, I'll have space. I hope my apartment deposit comes in soon, too. Wow, I'm rambling; I'm really tired. Lastly, I'll just say that I've applied for at least 30 jobs in the last 1.5 months. I hope I get something.

No comments: