Thursday, July 2, 2009

Today I went with my teacher to a beautiful pueblo with fantastic views (yes, more) of the mountains and two very colorful churches that are well-known in Guatemala. Last night, I went out with Tracey and her sister and Holt and some of Tracey's friends to this sports bar that more locals hang out at. It was a lot of fun (a change, and I drank quite a bit as well), but all in all, it was good fun. Met a lot of nice people and lunch with Tracey, Ashley (her sister), and Holt and Charles was great. I'll write more tomorrow (I really promise) because since we did the activity this morning (going to the pueblo this morning so it wouldn't rain out again this afternoon), I have the rest of my class at 3. 2.5 more hours; I had one and a half this morning. I won't be going to the opera tomorrow since it's on Saturday now so I'll miss it unless there's one next week. I only have 10 days left! Tonight, we have 3 invites out so I'm going to see some of my friends from the University San Carlos (perhaps for the last time). Dunno much about the night, but it'll start off at The Buddha for karaoke, I think (the usual Thursday night), and then maybe meander to La Paranda or another bar, club, restaurant, cafe. No se...Holt, Charles and I are leaving for Lago Atitlan and San Pedro around 8 on Saturday morning, returning Sunday afternoon. And, I'm cooking shrimp curry for my family here next week. Of course, I'll be doing much more, but I'll write about what I know about later. Still need to do shopping. I feel a little weak (from a busy morning and last night) so I want to get some horchata! I had the best hochata (sweet rice milk with spices) yet at the restaurante mexicano that we went to yesterday for lunch. Hhhmm.

No comments: