After we were done at Loyola, we went to put some stuff in Tulane's arena because Neill needed to put them there. While at Walmart, Hussain called me with some "good" news. The receptionist in the Psych department quit (I believe) so he suggested I ask for the position. He heard from someone in the Chemistry dept because he works there. So, I actually need to write Dr. Brazier right now. I had her for Emotion and Motivation and History and Systems. So that could prove not to be so good for me since she'll know my work ethic. But, it's better than Dr. Hymel; Dr. Brazier is the Chair at the moment, but I think Dr. Hymel normally is, though I don't know where he is right now.
I had a wonderful evening with Jes (which is continuing now). We forgot that today/yesterday was our anniversary so I called him today and asked if he had a good anniversary. Yesterday he took the day off of work and we ended up going to a movie and doing some grocery shopping. In the evening, I went to Jesse Maxwell's house for our first cooking club, which included one of her friends, who she introduced me to that night. But, this evening I made a steak with a recipe I got from Noemi in Guate. It was pretty good, but I think I should work on it again soon to make it better.
Our weekend was almost as lovely as the last weekend. Sunday we went to brunch at Surrey's with Andrew and Veronica, followed by North by Northwest at noon, the Prytania Theatre classic movie. Surrey's was delicious and I got the Lox and freshly-squeezed mango juice (that was okay, but not worth the 6$ for the large). Jes got a salmon scrambled egg dish with a side of grits and a biscuit. Veronica got the same, and Andrew got shrimp and grits. It was a nice double date Sunday. Tonight we were supposed to meet Veronica, Andrew, Andrew, Hussain and some of the others for karaoke, but I'm just so tired. I feel bad, but I would be exhausted and Jes has work at 8 tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I need to exercise, clean the house (for our fondue party) and Neill and I are going to see a movie. Transformers maybe since neither of us have seen it, and Jes has. I will be seeing The Proposal or The Ugly Truth with Mia soon (and maybe, but doubtfully Veronica, too.)
Gosh, we've watched so many movies this week.
Sat: Annie and The Nightmare Before Christmas
Sun: North by Northwest (I thought it would be My Fair Lady)
Mon: Public Enemies
Today: The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (another with Cary Grant)
Tomorrow: probably My Fair Lady and Transformers
and Jes and I want to watch West Side Story soon
I've also been reading My Car in Managua, an interesting journal type account of this professor's grad school days in his field site of Managua, Nica. It reminds me a tiny bit of Guate.
Well, I'll write more about Saturday and other aspects of the last few days in a while. I'm getting even more tired and I need to write to Dr. Brazier.
1 comment:
I hope something works out soon for you! I'm glad you're having much more success than me! I can't wait to see you and hear about Guate! i loved my postcard!
Post a Comment