Happy Belated Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope that you had a wonderful holiday--whatever that means to you--time with family or friend or just the few days off.
To make a long story short, Jes and I had a wonderful time with both of our families. His parents came in from AR so we went to Luling for a day and a half, and they visited us in NOLA today. And, on Thanksgiving, we went to BR and spent the night and most of Friday with my parents. We also had a mini high school reunion with some of my closest high school friends (though our paths have diverged a little) in BR Friday. Neill, Tyler, Yuka, Joe, Mia, Jesse, and I had lunch at Kamado's-- a very nice lunch laced with many memories!
I won't be blogging for the next week as I take the GRE at 8 am next Saturday. From tomorrow onward, in all of my free time, I'll be studying. I haven't been as studious as I should be, but now it's time to be serious. I will wake up fairly early tomorrow to go running (haven't done it since Wednesday). Fortunately, I'm totally better now--no sore throat or cough. I had been worried about getting sick and having to postpone the GRE. Mia's sick now, however, though we're not sure its origin. Her symptoms are completely different from what mine were 2-3 weeks ago, and it's strange that I got better over the break since I spent a couple of days at my parents' house in BR, where my dad smokes like a chimney.
Once I'm done with the GRE, giving me a better idea on where I stand admissions-wise (which I'm scared shitless about, or approaching anxiety at least), I'll update on here and more regularly :)
No comments:
Post a Comment