Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm posting and it feels good

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/24/us.india.leader/index.html

Yay for the land of my forefathers...well, some of them!

Today was a pleasant, albeit long day, the last before Thanksgiving holidays for myself and McGehee. In spite of the liquid poop I got on my fingers, courtesy of the innocent 10-month old in my class, it was a nice day. Marion, a co-teacher had to leave a couple of times during the day to attend the Grandparents' Day festivities at both McGehee and Trinity, which cut in on my lunch break and left Adrianne without one, but it all was okay. I'm thankful for this 5 day break.

I should have gone running today, but it was getting dark by the time I was about to (I get off at 3:30, got home around 4:15 and then walked Saki). I should be studying for the GRE right now, but I'm tired and lazy. I promise tomorrow I'll wake up, go running up and down Carrollton and after my shower, it the books! Yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon and evening at Zotz, and though I studied, it wasn't uber-productive, but sufficient fun was had with friends and Mia. 

Mia and I will hang out, and we'll make pumpkin bread because I'm bringing at least one loaf to Jesse's uncle's house tomorrow evening. We're going to have dinner with his parents and his mom's side of the family. We'll sleep over in Luling and then drive Thursday morning to my parents. We'll help Mia cook--Jesse with the stuffing (his delicious stuffed mushroom stuffing, though I'm going to suggest adding oysters to it). I'm going to look up a recipe to imitate the delicious amaretto and pecan cream mashed sweet potatoes, and I'm going to try potatoes au gratin (or if I feel intimidated, just go with mashed potatoes). We'll sleep over there, and Friday morning I'd like try something I heard of at school today--breakfast casserole. Apparently, it's a layer of pieces of bread, then sausage, then cheese and then beaten eggs. You refrigerate it over night and bake it for an hour in the morning. We'll see if the idea is embraced. Seriously doubt there will be any Black Friday shopping, but who knows? Yuka and Neill will also be in BR so Mia, Jesse and I will meet up with them Friday for lunch. Friday afternoon, Jesse and I will go back to Luling to see his parents and we'll decide from there how to spend the rest of their time back from Arkansas. I feel like I had to write all of that to sort my next few days out for myself. Phew.

Oh, and I'll be doing a little bit of studying in between. Anyhow, I want to get fit and into Tulane for grad school!

No comments: