Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm feeling the pressure now

My aunt (Daddy's sister) will be here in two days, and I'm getting conscientious and anxious about her staying with us. It was an imposition for her to ask. Sure, she doesn't know that Jesse and my apartment is tiny, but still. What was I supposed to say, no? Yes, that's exactly what I was supposed to say. But, that's not me. And, she's family--even if we don't say "I love you" to one another.

So why am I not cleaning like a mad woman? Or, working on GRE prep? Or, making more lesson plans and a study guide for the site coordinator to hand out to my class tomorrow since she's subbing while I entertain dear Aunt Anita? Blogging is therapeutic in that omygod! a rush of words in pouring through my fingertips and gosh, I hope that my four-year-old ibook doesn't do one of those rainbowy circle things! Well, here I am, venting.

On the bright side, beginning cleaning today, I picked up my box of Guatemala paraphenalia--ads and receipts and other things that remind me of the people I met and met up with there and the places I saw and was a part of. I kept most of those tucked into in my journal--one that Jesse Max gave me a few days before I left for my birthday--but I kept other bits and pieces in a shoebox. So I placed many of those pieces in a scrapbook--an empty, old photo album that my dad gave me a while back. I'm looking forward to putting it together for future reminiscing. Coincidently enough, Holt and I talked via Facebook today (he was my little brother, across-the-hall co-host-family housemate in Guate). It was nice to be reminded of Guatemala again.

But, speaking of Jesse Max, I ran into her yesterday, briefly as I was walking in with Sadie to OT. A quick and unexpected hi was exchanged, but I must admit, I'm sad that we're not in touch anymore and that she didn't even call me to explain the lack of communication the past few months or to resay hi after the quick greeting at Crane Rehab. In any case, it was ironic since I thought just yesterday that she's really kind of walked out of my life, or seems so, anyhow. She was a good friend--eccentric, but a true friend. Maybe she just really is so busy with her job or, as I should be doing, trying to further herself, most-likely through education. Who knows? That's life though; I've had enough friends leave intermittently and many times, it's just the way things go. It's not overwhelmingly one or the other's fault, you know?

Haha, my phone just vibrated. Text from Jesse Max.

Well, I'm going to go work on dinner. Nothing fancy, just grilled cheeses (colby jack) on a sandwich loaf I made in my breadmaker. Maybe with pesto Mmm... FYI-breadmaker bread is really dense!

Also, Jesse and I are having lunch at a taco truck tomorrow. I'm excited! Will update more later...

No comments: