Monday, July 5, 2010

24 for one month today

I've been 24 for a month today. I haven't really gotten into any of the books I got for my birthday though. Shame on me. I had been babysitting a lot though so that's my excuse. I have an open next couple of weeks so I'm going to use that time to read those books, my magazines; to clean the apartment in preparation for our move to 200 Carondelet; and to search search search for jobs.

I'm still waiting for UNO to officially accept me ::surprise, surprise:: and tell me if I have any financial aid to apply to this endeavor. Their interdepartmental communication leaves something to be desired, but so far, I'm quite satisfied with the professors and staff from the Romance Languages office. I have also decided, if time allows, especially utilizing possible summer abroad programs, I am going to concentrate in Spanish, but take on two second languages, both French and Portuguese. Ambitious, I know, but it can be done!

Oh, and Austin was a flop. We didn't get to go. Sort of long story, but I don't really want to rehash it. We weren't able to go because of car trouble. Upsetting, but we made the most of it; went to BR and spend it with family and friends.

Since Jesse had off the day after the fourth (today), he and I have been having a relaxing day. We woke up and took the streetcar down to Joseph St. and walked to Whole Foods for breakfast before making groceries. Tomorrow, I have write an article for that sports assignment. And, more of the same. Oh, and I begin exercising again!

No comments: