Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Amelie G meeting

I had my first Amelie G meeting today. Amelie G is the New Orleans fashion magazine that I'm starting to write for. It's all TFP though so it's not exactly my full-time job. Nevertheless, especially after this meeting, I'm excited to jump on board and learn about the industries as well as work on my craft. The staff seem to really be forming an amazing publication that may one day be New Orleans' Vogue. It's ambitious on their part, but they're doing it! Their photography and fashion styling is currently their forte, but I hope myself and other new contributers will fill in the gaps editorially. It was honestly a little intimidating; I can be so awkward, and of course, I was self-conscious about everything from my facial expressions to my breath to what I chose to wear.

The Business Manager seemed the most personable and he was extremely friendly. He spoke the most during the meeting, but his presence was both professional and jovial. Each person however seemed to be doing their own part to function as cog in the magazine machine. The Editor in Chief was stunning and to accomplish what she has at 26 is impressive. You should check out her fashion line at http://www.ottiliebrodmann.com. The website's Editor in Chief brought me home, and I felt a little uncomfortable because there was a lot of silence, but I was just nervous and at a loss of what to say. Maybe it was just late and we were both tired. It was really nice of her to bring me home though. I told them that I would have gladly taken the streetcar, but they didn't want me too.

Well, I hope next week will be less awkward and intimidating for my part.

No comments: