Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Another rejection

Thank you for interviewing with teachNOLA. We greatly appreciate the time and energy you devoted to this effort. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a position.

As you may know, we receive many applications for the positions available, making the applicant pool for the teachNOLA program extremely competitive.

Due to the size of our program, we regret that we are not able to re-evaluate or provide feedback on individual applications. However, we encourage you to pursue your demonstrated interest in expanding educational opportunities for all students and explore other ways to contribute to this effort.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,


---

I've received a lot of these letters in the past year, but it's okay; I know this sounds pessimistic, but I sort of expected it. There were so many qualified people at my interview day alone. I talked to Dr. G today and her fiance didn't even get an interview because of the number of Spanish teaching applicants. Well, I guess this makes next year a little easier for me. If I do stay at McGehee, I can really focus on preparing myself for applying to grad programs again. At least interviewing with teachNOLA gave me more experience with interviews as well as a better idea of the state of New Orleans public schools. I don't even know now if I should really focus on looking for other jobs. McGehee is pretty comfortable, but it's not challenging.

No comments: