Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tomorrow

It's going to be a long day tomorrow. I'll start out at work, where we'll be doing Little Gate Jazz Fest from 9:30 - 11:30. It's a LG tradition which is modeled after the real Jazz Fest. We'll even have watermelon, meat pies and snoballs. Truthfully, I don't know if that really mirrors City Park's Jazz Fest because I have not gone in my adult recollection. I've always had finals around then and/or couldn't really justify the expensive tickets. I know that they would be worth it to see some of the acts, but maybe next year. Jesse'll be done with school. Maybe Mia will be able to come too, but she'll probably be in finals.

My mom'll be in town tomorrow. Her birthday is on Thursday, but so is my Uncle Fel's funeral. I have to babysit tomorrow at 2, on the Westbank. Then, I have to teach ESL from 6:30 - 8:30. My mom'll be sleeping over and though it's a short visit and the reasoning is sad, I'm happy to be able to spend a little time with her.

Jesse fixed his TV tonight! After some tedious and uneasy TV deconstruction and soddering, we plugged it in and lo and behold, the clicking sound did not occur and a visible and discernable picture was there. We're both quite impressed and it only cost him about $15 dollars for the parts he ordered online. He saw a youtube tutorial as well since this is something that's been happening to more than a few Samsungs. Even though he would have liked to get a new LED TV, I think we're both more than content that we won't have to spend hundred of dollars (for a repairman) or thousands of dollars (for a TV). What a learning experience though, and I'm proud of his tenacity!

So to celebrate (though Jesse was playing on his computer while), we finished Julie and Julia and watched the second episode of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. It was a wonderful and somewhat low key night. Jesse even enjoyed Julie and Julia! That was the highlight. We started Food Revolution yesterday evening, and though neither of us care much for reality TV (but I have my guilty pleasures), we like Jamie Oliver so much! I missed Glee, but I'll catch up. That and on Parenthood.

Til next time. Bon nuit!

No comments: