Friday, April 23, 2010

Sick day #2

I had to stay home again. I still feel pretty terrible. Jesse stayed home from work today to take care of me. It was very sweet of him, but I'm still a little worried about him missing so many days of work in general.

So I laid in bed most of the day. I wasted time just bumming around the internet and not being productive, but trying at the same time not to strain myself really. Jesse got me apple sauce and chicken noodle soup this morning so I didn't have to worry about that. I'm just waiting for the antibiotic to do it's work. I have't taken a decongestant yet though because I don't like taking too much medicine. I couldn't really watch too much online because my computer's so old that to watch Hulu I needed to download Adome 10, which my computer wouldn't do. Netflix streaming is not supported by my operating system. Jesse played FFXI a lot of day and with his TV dying (yea!) we cannot use his new desktop.

I am not prepared for the Praxis Spanish Content Knowledge exam I have slated for tomorrow. I wasn't prepared two days ago and I had hoped that I'd be able to better prepare yesterday and today, but I haven' been motivated and being sick doesn't help at all. So I called ETS and asked if there was anyway I could reschedule it. Usually you can if you do it 3 days in advance and pay a $45 fee. But, I got sick yesterday so I called to ask, and they said if I got a doctor's excuse then they're able to allow me to. I'm working on the doctor's excuse.

Well, not much else to say. I'm just going to use the rest of today and tomorrow to get better so I'll be healthy to babysit on Sunday. I'm, obviously, not going to take the Praxis II tomorrow morning at 7:30. Oh, and Jamie and Stuart aren't coming in this week. Unfortunately, it's a really bad reason that they're not; Cody was in the hospital for breathing problems. Turns out he had pneumonia in one of his lungs and then got crupe (sp?). I'm sure he'll be fine, but that's probably really scary!

Watching Jamie Oliver right now. Gonna read for fun in a bit.

No comments: