Just finished my federal income tax forms, and it looks like I owe a dollar to the US Ttreasury. This is so silly and seemingly a waste of paper in my opinion as I'm sending a check. Debit or credit requires a "convenience fee." Looks like I won't be getting a nice refund to help me purchase my bike. Ba humbug, but oh well. I don't know why most of my jobs didn't withhold federal taxes. And, I got back 7 W2s because of all the jobs I had during my pre- and post-grad search. These included 2 training days with SLICE and another mystery W2 where I only made $125. The form doesn't say the employer's name and I cannot recall where I worked... I guess in the end, I've gotten what I've made.
At least I don't owe a lot, but I just don't understand because I made below the poverty line. Next year, my parents aren't going to claim me as a dependent so it'll be interesting to see how that affects my taxes. I need to do state taxes soon and maybe I'll be getting something from the great state of Louisiana. Look at me--a month early on federal though! Last year, I was standing in line at the Loyola Avenue post office, Jesse in pjs, driving me less than an hour before midnight April 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment