Why does my mom think I'm crazy for considering going to Bolivia this summer? She called me this morning to ask me if I was okay. When I replied that I was, she was like, well, you were talking about going to Bolivia for the summer. She thinks that it's more dangerous than Mexico. I don't know why. I don't think it's that dangerous based on the little reading I have done on the country. It is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere, but that doesn't make it dangerous. And, I'll probably fit in a lot better than most visitors. Anyhow, I looked at flights, and if I buy a ticket from Miami to Lima, Peru and buy a separate ticket from NOLA to Miami, I can get there and back in a little over $900. I may just do it. Jesse's fine with it, and I really think it would be a fantastic opportunity for many reasons (Spanish fluency, chance to be a research assistant to Dr. Salmon or an anthropologist friend of hers doing research, too). My mom also told me that she could help me find a full-time job with LSU Health Sciences here in NOLA, but I'm pretty comfortable and happy with my job--my schedule, my hours, the stress level. Though I have been disgruntled in general lately.
Adele's party was adorable and Holli prepared so many activities for me to do with the children guests. The theme was Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Adele was so cute, as were her Scripture invitations and her Haydel's birthday cake. The crawfish were delicious and all in all it was quite a nice afternoon. Mia tagged along and helped me with some of the arts and crafting. Afterwards, Mia and I stopped by Dr. Garza's house to give Isa her birthday presents. I felt like Santa seeing my two babysittees enjoying what I got them!
Long week ahead. Teaching Monday and Wednesday. Interview preparation meeting with Tamara at Loyola's Career and Counseling on Wednesday. Dinner with Neill at some point. Friday is WICKED WITH JESSE! We'll either go to Palace Cafe or Sazerac Restaurant in the Roosevelt Hotel. I want to cook portobella and tofu pad thai Tuesday. And, next weekend is my teachNOLA application, spending time with Jesse's parents who are in town, possibly seeing my mom if she comes to town, and hanging out with Drew and Jeff on the eve of their wedding. Phew. Looking forward to it; at least the past couple of weekends have been lowkey. Didn't make it to the fly or City Park though this weekend. It's so cold!
1 comment:
I don't think you're crazy for wanting to go to Bolivia. I wish I had the urge to go to more places like that, but I don't... I'm kind of a pussy.
Good luck on your interview and have a fabulous week!
PS I'm going to send you more stuff about script frenzy as soon as I sort some stuff out. I'm so unproductive right now it's not even funny!
Post a Comment