Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quick highlights

Just wanted to shortly mention a few things that occurred today before I work more on preparing for my teachNOLA interview.

Babysat for Dr. Garza. Was supposed to have dinner with Neill, but my phone died (again) and Dr. Garza was more than an hour later than she was supposed to be. Neill's miffed--nay, pissed--at me but I can't do anything to change what happened. I had finally begun to charge my phone every night before I went to bed (after hearing countless lectures from him about it), but the one night I neglect to is the day before I'm supposed to meet with him for dinner. Truly, I'm sorry, but I apologized profusely and he just blew over them and cited how it's a regular thing for me and he doesn't know how I function without using "90% of my brain" throughout my life. I was inconsiderate for not making an extra effort to bring my phone charger and in general concerning this. I did, however, get online trying to contact someone, anyone, who could text/call him. Mia, Jesse, a mutual friend. Perhaps needless to say, I was unable to get in touch with them/him.

This afternoon after I got off of work, one of the places I stopped by was Scriptura. I was in heaven and probably talked the ear off of the very friendly, art-major salesgirl. Well, one of the co-owners told me that next time I'm in, if they're not busy, she'll teach me how to wrap presents! I'm so excited, and Jesse laughed at my excitement, teasing that it's almost like an internship.

Lastly, this afternoon on my way to babysit I got a call from an unknown 512 number. I was caught offguard, of course, but it turned out to be L Style G Style (http://www.lstylegstyle.com/), a GLBT magazine out of Austin that I applied to last summer. Tim, our good friend (one of Jesse's old friends), gave me a good reference and looks like they're finally interested in interviewing me. So, I'm ecstatic about that too! Well, back to the teachNOLA interview prep.

I'm so stressed about the uncertainty of my immediate (one year or so) future, but it's also exhilarating and I think I'll get one of these jobs. I'm tired right now. I don't want to read some more.

Check out this post I found on Drew's fb: http://blogs.nationaltrust.org/preservationnation/?p=9120

MaƱana: Wicked with Jesse!

No comments: