I want to go to the Renaissance Festival in Hammond in the fall. How can I resist the opportunity to dress up in lady clothing? I've been playing Fable 2 every now and again and I'm such a sucker for ankle- and floor-length dresses, frills, layers, bodices and cleavage (ha). Maybe by then I'll be able to sew? Anyone else up for this?
http://www.la-renfest.com/
Also, I'm going to email editorial@bohomag.com about writing for bohomag.com. Drew brought it by on Thursday night and I talked about how I felt in a few entries back. Jesse and I had a wonderful and long-overdue time with Drew and Jeff on Thursday evening. We went to Ninja on Oak (my first time), drank beer (the boys) and canned sparkling wine (us girls) and ate truffles while watching Arsenic and Old Lace. The sparkling wine was actually muy rico and I thought that before the end of the night, by which time I was drunk. I can't remember the name though, but it comes in the cutest packaging and is available at Whole Foods. Drew was taken by the marketing when she was walking the aisles looking for the "fun stuff" they ended up bringing. The box had cut-out bubbles and attached to the cans were cute bendy straws! So posh, as Jesse said. Hehe. That day they also found out Jeff's match, which is the place in which he'll be doing his residency: Long Island, NY. While I'm extremely happy for them and now I have a great reason to visit NYC, I'm going to miss her and I hope that we're able to make the most of the next two months prior to their move. Perhaps an Ikea-inspired road trip is in my future? Well, we'll see. Jesse and I both really enjoyed spending time with them though. While Drew and I talked about magazines and food, Jesse was able and excited to talk with Jeff about video games and computer parts. Maybe we will move sublease from them in NY. Ha.
Lastly, I know that I shouldn't torture myself by looking at things related to or inspiring wedding, but I just want to share that I think I'll ask my dad's friend's daughter to do our wedding invitations someday. Check out her site. Hers or Scriptura, maybe?
http://www.pushmepullyoudesign.com/
I won't say anything more on that subject because for a while I was mentioning marriage and kids so much that Jesse was almost feeling forced into something. I've got to exercise restraint and not let my excitement, albeit preemptive get the best of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment