I'm a big kid now. Today marks my graduation from irresponsible youth to able adult. This afternoon upon returning home from work, I signed onto Sallie Mae and made my first payment on two loans that I had. Together, roughly $245.00 was deducted from my meager checking account, and while it doesn't feel good to have so little money, it's kind of nice to begin paying the almost 30K I owe Sallie Mae (and the US Department of Education). Hopefully, I'll get a lot of "overtime" (extra afternoon hours since I only work 29 hours a week anyway) at LG this month. And babysitting jobs. I already have 2-3 lined up; they're Adele's cousins though, and I've never babysat them, nor have I babysat more than one child since I was 16. But, it is my job to watch over children at LG so I imagine this will be okay. Good--better than okay!
This weekend is Easter. Jesse and I are flying into Kansas City, Missouri, on Friday night. My mom's picking us up and we'll be spending the weekend at my dad's house in Linn Creek with my grandmother, Mama, Daddy and Mia. Grandma has asked repeatedly per phone call for the past two years when she's going to meet Jesse. And, after our Mardi Gras trip plan was scratched, this seemed like the next best thing. Jesse's dreading it, but it has to be done, and I'm looking forward to seeing my parents and Mia, and part of me wants to see my grandma, but I have to be emotionally ready for it. She's draining with all of her questions, abrasive comments/opinions, and having to yell at her so she can hear you.
So much else to say next post--Wicked, teachNOLA interview, Drew's wedding eve, and restaurant reviews for Barcelona Tapas and La Petit Grocery.
No comments:
Post a Comment