I called Tulane today and was transfered twice before finding out that LAS letters go out at the end of this week and the beginning of next. And, the last person I ended up talking to who told me this was the Chair of LAS. I felt intimidated and awkward. I feel bad, but I'm wallowing now, not wanting to go running or to teach tonight. I'm tired because of daylight savings and I'm disgruntled because of the mistakes I've made and their consequences on my endeavors for higher education. At least I got a smidgen of peace of mind from going to the dermatologist this afternoon. I just have a really dry skin condition, and she said that I could look into getting tested for thyroid problems as a possible cause for my thinning hair, but it seems more genetic. Not necessarily what you want to hear, but I guess an answer is better than total uncertainty.
Tomorrow when I go to the Mexico lecture at Loyola, I hope to run into some of my professors (namely the ones who wrote me recommendations) so I can tell them in person of my position. I have a few options though for the following fall (2011). I can retake the GRE (which Dr. Garza suggests should I not be accepted) and/or take a couple of classes to increase my GPA. Don't know what route I'll take until I get the last letter and go through my interview with teachNOLA.
Oh, I'm such a pity party right now. I need to get out of it, but I'm also tired.
1 comment:
Don't get too down... Everything has a purpose and eventually it will all make sense... At least that's what I keep telling myself!
:-)
Post a Comment