Like it?
I think that Jesse and I are going to start a food revolution for our diets. I mean, I haven't specifically used that wording when talking to him, but I really think we're going to finish all the "non-organic" food that we have and then begin shopping mainly at Whole Foods. We've already been doing that for maybe a month to two now. I'm not saying that we'll only eat organic food, and lord knows that if that was our goal it would be hard enough doing so when we're at work or out eating and even at home where so many of our foods in pantry, refrigerator, etc., are not. But, I want to make a conscious effort to cook more, buy and eat grass-fed beef (that is if we don't become liberal vegetarians or pescatarias first), and not grumble over the increase of prices. I do think it's worth it, and in the long run, our bodies will thank us.
My 66-year-old coworker cited her friend as saying that she thinks food allergies have come about within the past few decades due to the pesticides and chemicals that have been used in produce production. Fifty years ago, how many people had milk allergies, nut allergies, berry allergies? And, today? Perhaps the ones without allergies are the in the minority. Just a little something to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment