Saturday, March 13, 2010

No mail again!

Everyday I wait until the mail comes, hoping that one of my acceptance letters will come in. Today was no different. Letters from the New School began going out on May 10 (Wednesday) and now I have to wait until Monday again. I keep trying to convince myself that this is a good sign and that the reason I haven't gotten a letter from Tulane's LAS program yet is maybe because rejection letters go out first. I got my rejection letter from the Anthro Department almost 2 weeks ago. I put in my New School app almost 2 months ago and the LAS app one and a half months ago. Yee-Gah!

Anyway, babysitting Isa Thursday was a delight. She's really well-behaved and sweet. I only wish I could have spent more time playing with her. Umm, Mia's in Hattiesburg for a meet (probably running right now or just finished). I have a rather uneventful weekend and I like it like that. I didn't go to Hattiesburg so I could do some cleaning. Jesse has a ton of schoolwork to do so we're going to get lunch in a bit and then head to the library where I'll be studying Spanish in preparation for the PRAXIS-II exam. But, I'm holding off registering until I get accepted/rejected from the last two programs. I still haven't made up my mind about teachNOLA and McGehee because I don't have all my cards on the table. I am going to fill Mimi in though on Monday or Tuesday, letting her know that I'm unsure about returning next year because I am applying for grad programs and when I get my letters back, I'll know better.

Oh, and depending on my financial situation, if I go to Bolivia this summer, Dr. Garza told me that Dr. Salmon (also a former professor of mine) has an anthropologist friend who I could work for as a research assistant! If only I could afford it (and it would fit into Jesse's and my schedule)! I'm not going to Emmanuelle's wedding in France because of the airfare as well as Jesse not having the time off; Bolivia's airfares are roughly the same price. But, Dr. Salmon will be on sabbatical and in Bolivia the next year so if I want to, I'll be able to go next summer (and have money after saving for a year!). Dr. Garza also gave me a couple of journals to read, Anthropology News (published by the American Anthropology Association) and another cultural anthropology one. I've decided I'm going to become a member of AAA and go to the annual conference in November to be held here in NOLA this year. Well, for lack of sound more like a nerd, I'll go shower.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Keep your chin up. The waiting is the worst part! I hope you hear something soon!